1 Hotel South Beach Maternity Photographer
1 Hotel South Beach Maternity Photographer
I met this beautiful, sweet couple at the 1 Hotel South Beach for a sunrise session. The 1 Hotel has a nice lobby (which actually gets quite full even early in the morning!) and a beautiful pool in the back where we took a few photos. We then went to the beach for the remainder of the session. This couple is expecting their first child soon and I’m so excited and happy for them!
You can see other maternity photography sessions on the blog. Every woman carries differently so this can vary, but overall maternity sessions are best scheduled at around 7-8 months of your pregnancy. Check out other photo sessions at the 1 Hotel South Beach and all of the couple photo sessions in Miami.
The 1 Hotel is very close to Collins Park (where the Bass Museum is), so one option would be to photograph part of the session there and then walk across the street to get beach photographs for the second half of the session. To book a maternity, couple or family session, please contact me or email email@example.com .
Suggestions for your maternity session:
- Bring 2 outfits to change it up. You can bring 1 dressier outfit for the greenery/urban area, and 1 more casual, flowy dress for the beach. You can get ideas of what to wear from this Maternity Pinterest board I assembled from past maternity sessions.
- If your session is at the beach, always bring a towel and change of clothes – especially if you need to change and clean up before getting in a taxi/uber to get back to your hotel.
- Bring water, especially during Miami’s warmer months. It’s important to stay hydrated!
- Decide if you want to go in the water and if so, bring an outfit you don’t mind getting wet. Don’t forget a towel and change of clothes!
- Have fun during the session! It will go by quicker than you think 🙂 Don’t stress about how to stand or poses – I’ll guide you during the session, but don’t hesitate to let me know if there’s something specific you have in mind.
Miami Maternity Photographer Sunrise Beach Session
Loved working with these two! We headed to the beach at sunrise to capture their maternity session. So happy and excited for them as they are expecting their first child 🙂 I know it is not easy for most people to wake up early (I am definitely not a morning person lol), but trust me when I say it is worth it, especially if you are going to book a session on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday. On a regular weekday the beach has some people but the weekends especially are crowded. We make it work, but if you are someone who prefers not to have lots of people around, book a sunrise session! It is so calm and relaxing at that time of day, and the light is nice both in the early morning and late afternoon.
This couple opted for a change of outfits in middle, and I love the different looks. I find the bold colors (red especially!) really pop against the blue of the sky and the water, while the white and blue outfits provide a totally different look that I love just as much. What is most important for any session is to wear outfits that you LOVE and you feel amazing in – and is comfortable (very important). If you plan on going in the water, wear an outfit you don’t mind getting wet in (and give me a heads up as well so I’ll be prepared! :)). You can check out this maternity Pinterest board for ideas on what to wear.
If you are wondering when to schedule a maternity session, generally it is in the 7th and 8th month, but it really depends on how you are carrying. You want to schedule the photo session when you are really showing but not at the point of pregnancy that you are very uncomfortable.
This Miami Maternity Photographer Sunrise Beach session took place at South Pointe Park. Check out all the maternity photo sessions on the blog. You can check the sunrise and sunset times for Miami to see the best times to schedule a session. If for example, if sunset is at 8pm I’ll usually schedule the session for 6:30-7:30pm or 6-7pm. If sunrise is at 6:45am, generally around 7-8am is a good time. If you are flexible and it is a cloudy day, I like to start the session earlier or later so we have more light to work with. If you are not flexible, no worries, we’ll make it work!