South Pointe Park Maternity Photo Session
It was balmy afternoon with a mostly clear sky and small clouds barely visible in the distance. We met at one of the my favorite places in South Beach, South Pointe Park. We went to the beach for the first set of photos and then she changed into her second outfit. It was a beautiful, flowy dress that really showed off her belly in a flattering way – perfect for a beach maternity session.
I took a few photos in the greenery with the sun acting as a hair-light. Noticing that we didn’t have much time before the sun would set completely, we went back to the beach for the remainder of the session. There was an orange glow which made for some of my favorite images. Love the sweet moments between her and her husband. One of my favorites is where they are looking at her belly in anticipation next to a giant log on the beach, and the sky’s hues match the pastel pink of her dress.
Ideas and tips for what to wear to a Miami Maternity Photo Session:
- Check out this Pinterest board for maternity photo shoot clothing ideas.
- Always wear what you feel most comfortable and GOOD in. Forget what looks good on someone else; you need to feel great in your outfit.
- Having a hard time choosing between two looks? Feel free to bring along a second outfit!
- Flowy dresses that show off the belly work really well.
- Fitted tops also look amazing! For example, you can wear a fitted tank top with a cardigan on top that can be worn on or off. The contrast of colors photographs really well.
- You can go with classic neutral colors or stand out with bold colors like this red dress.
The best time to schedule a Maternity Photo Session is around 7-8 months, when the belly is large but not to the point where you feel too heavy and uncomfortable, usually in the ninth month. This is totally up to you though and how you feel 🙂